Friday, March 31, 2017

03/27/2017 - Go With the Intent to Actually Apply Those Things You Will Hear and Feel

So this week was a little slow. We didn't have the car and it is spring break for the next 2 weeks but the weather was absolutely incredible! like it was the first time that we had nice weather without the car! BUT THIS WEED WAS AMAZING... Week. Sorry. But that made me laugh as I wrote it so it will stay. 

The first thing, I am way too excited for general conference. First one as a missionary and I just can't wait to hear from our prophets. But I have to admit we had the most amazing miracle this week. But the story starts last sunday. So last sunday one of the young women spoke in sacrament meeting. And she invited her Friend Tia. After the meeting the girl asked us for a book of mormon to give to her friend Tia. We didn't get a chance to talk but we also didn't think too much about giving it out. Anyway. Later that day we got a call from the mother of the girl who spoke. So apparently Tia felt something at church. She went home that evening and asked her father if she could be baptized. So the mother fills us in and says they are having her over friday and she wants us to come and teach Tia the lessons!!!! We literally did nothing! So friday me and Elder Darden (we were on exchanges with the zone leaders) taught tia and put her on date for April 29th!!! She is so prepared it is amazing! She felt the spirit at church and in the lesson and had already been reading the BOM before we got there. And the best part she came to church again yesterday even sang in the Choir during sacrament meeting. So that was amazing! The lord really does bless us, but there were a couple of things I learned. First off I know the lord only blessed us because we were working hard and doing the things we were supposed to. This was the second solid referral we got which is rare here and I know it is because we are working and are only wanting to hasten the Lord’s work. (second part to come later)

Also I was super happy but Brother Strong who I told you about last week came through and he got us not only a book of mormon from the temple but he got us a set, so I have a white bible as well! Original scriptures from the Calgary temple! No way am I ever losing those. And they are amazing. They are huge and have the large font so they are way better to study with. I’ll send a picture with it.


But that was about it, other than we also taught Dave this week. But before I sign off I wanted to tell you a little about something I learned from an investigator. So these investigators, the Rodgers, have been on the fence for about 2-3 years. (fun fact… they were actually on the show Doomsday Preppers, season 2 episode 107 please look it up. But they also said it was very staged and they aren't quite like what they are portrayed as on the show) So Diane, the wife said since me and Elder Miller came she has been praying again about if this is the truth. But she says she still hasn't received an answer but she thinks she figured out why. And this is what struck me, as I thought about my prayers. She said she thinks she hasn't got an answer because she doesn't know if she has the intent to actually act on the answer (because I know she knows it's true she is just afraid to change). But I thought about myself when she said that. We can pray for many things and often times it seems like we don't get an answer but I think it is more because of ourselves. Why would our Heavenly Father answer us if we are asking for something we don't actually intend to act on? And so to bring it full circle I realized something. These lives we are given aren't really ours, they are blessings from our Heavenly Father. We are here to prove to our Heavenly Father that we want and can return to him by obeying all that he asks of us no matter how hard. And those things he asks of us come from prophets. So this general conference I hope that as you go with a question, go with a little more, go with the intent to actually apply those things you will hear and feel. Demonstrate your love for our Savior and our Heavenly Father and act upon those things our prophets ask of us. I know that our Savior lives, I love him so much and I know the atonement is the only way we can receive peace and happiness in our lives. I love this Gospel and brothers and sisters I am so happy to be out here in his service.

Elder Ollis





No comments:

Post a Comment