Tuesday, April 4, 2017

04/03/2017 - So Please, Just Share It!

Hello Brothers and Sisters! What an excellent General Conference. That is all I can say. So this week was hard for me. Honestly I was so excited for conference I sometimes struggled to focus. Nothing really happened, the work is still going, most people were gone all week because of spring break but people are back now so the work should pick up. Also here in Canada when it starts to get warm people just throw off their coats and wear shorts, so lots of people get sick because it isn't quite that warm yet. So that also slowed us. But this conference was so interesting and so needed. So that is what I would like to talk about. 

If you want to know what my favorite talk is, I have to admit I don't think I could pick. Never have I been so ready and excited for conference in my life and it surely helped me understand and receive answers to questions. But those things I don't really want to share. They have to do with me and the Lord’s work here.

But there is one thing I took from conference that I feel like I should share. That is first and foremost, God is our loving Heavenly Father. That is the first thing we teach in preach my gospel but in my opinion one of the most important. He loves us enough to have sent his son so we can return to him. Now we all have heard that so many times but I invite you to think about it in a new light. Our Heavenly Father sent Jesus Christ, to save us. Simply that, yet still more profound than anything we comprehend. And to add a thought I had about the atonement…Christ suffered all, he has felt everything.

I was reading in Matthew this week and I had a thought that kind of put the atonement in a little better perspective. I thought about Judas, the apostle who betrayed the Son of Man. In the scriptures he is warned of the awful torment and pain he will experience by betraying Christ, but after he does betray him he realizes his mistake and tries to get the Pharisees to take back the money.  Of course they don't and tell Judas to live with his sin. And shortly after He goes and hangs himself. As I thought about what he had done, and the incredible sorrow Judas must have felt, the magnitude of his sin, I once again thought of Christ. Brothers and sisters I don't think there is a sin lower than what Judas had done, but even our Savior Jesus Christ would have had to feel that. Jesus, our Savior, has felt all, even Judas’s very betrayal of the Son of Man. So if there is any moment any of you ever feel alone, don't ever think that again. There is NOTHING, we can do that we cannot have help through.. because he knows. He has felt the betrayal of even Jesus Christ. Now think about that. Think about that hope that gives you to try with all your might each day to just use that atonement.

That is what I took from conference. The joy we receive from this gospel is so unique and so profound. We have the true gospel, restored by our prophet joseph smith. So brothers and sisters after general conference I thought of all you people at home. Who have the gospel. Then I thought about all those people I see everyday and how, from what we learned in conference, we have the medicine to help all the people we meet. And how I ache to think that when I was home I never shared that message with anyone. The message that they are ok, that no matter how crappy their life is now, everything will be better eventually, and that is because of Jesus Christ. So listen to me, if you have read this far in my email please read just a little farther. Please, please, please don't keep the truth to yourself. I sit here as a servant of our savior, Jesus Christ and I invite you to just share the message with someone. I don't care if you are shy, if you don't think it is for you, if you don't have non member friends, if you don't talk to anyone than your family, I have heard it all. But it all comes down to one fact, it isn't about you. It isn't what you want, none of this life is. It was prepared for us to grow, to return to our heavenly father because he loves us. It is a mere moment in eternity.        


Brothers and sisters I want to bear you my testimony that our heavenly father loves you, each of you. He sent his son below all, and I mean everything, to allow us to return. We don't belong here forever, so please pray for opportunities to share just a glimmer of hope with someone, and pray for the strength to share, because I know he will provide you with both. I love this gospel. I can't really put words to how grateful I am for Jesus Christ. And for Joseph Smith, who went against the world to bring the simple truths and hope of the gospel. So please, just share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment