Monday, April 17, 2017

04/17/2017 - I Can't Really Describe How Happy I Have Been

Hey everybody,

So I don't think I will take to much time this week but all I can say is it was a good week. We had an awesome experience this week. Our investigator Dave, I might have mentioned that we were pumping the brakes because we didn't want to touch the Word of Wisdom yet. Well we met him tuesday and then again on friday and we decided to just do it. Anyway, we were really nervous because he loves his coffee and he said he loves fishing and drinkin a good beer. In fact he daily goes onto his roof to watch the sunset, drink his coffee and read his bible (and now Book of Mormon). But friday we hit the word of wisdom. And he said he would give it up! He said no problem with beer, he has already got rid of that but his coffee will be hard, but he knows he can do without it! And we put him on date for baptism for the 13th of May

I guess I would just like to say, the lord really has been blessing us. This area hasn't had a baptism in well over a year and we now have 2 on date. One in 2 weeks! I can't really describe how happy I have been. The lord has prepared all. Dave is a cool guy and it is cool to see how when the sister missionaries found him just at his divorce and he moved to our area and is wanting to turn to our heavenly father. He also came to church! and he said he liked it and will come next week! 
I can't really describe how happy I have been lately. I know that our heavenly father loves us, and blesses us for our efforts. 

Also this week our mission released this thing called spring fling. It is a thing we are doing where everyone in the mission gets points for certain things we do daily. Like a new investigator is 5 points, or a lesson is 4. And if we get so many our whole mission gets to go to the temple for a day. Super excited. I'm a little competitive so this is like a dream come true for me (by the way we are currently 10 points ahead of our district and probably first in our zone... no big deal though). But that is what it is like for now, enjoy life and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SQUID!

Love, 
Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment