Monday, March 13, 2017

03/13/2017 - The Lord's Work Stops for Nothing

Hello everyone. So this week was a little weird and tough but I have a great story. So first off, the cold was unreal here. Like -30 C (about -25 F) with the wind chill, and we didn't have the car!!! So let me tell you a little about how that went. Your eyelashes would often freeze together, and your face is just numb all day. And I still haven't purchased a winter coat, so I was out there in my long raincoat. It was quite interesting. But none the less, the lords work stops for nothing.

This week was also Zone conference, which was super fun to get together with people from the MTC and a couple of other zones and get to know the elders and sisters in our mission. And I learned a ton, President Miles is the best and I got answers to some things I needed answers to.

Lunch at Zone Conference
Now for the funny story, so after Zone Conference we were doing exchanges for a day. I was going to 6th ward with Elder Zolman. But Zone conference went longer than it was supposed to so we had to switch quickly with the other two elders and make it to our supper appointments. So as you can imagine, some things were forgotten, one being the keys to our room. After our supper with a member we got back to the room and we had to put my things away so we could go do some visits. That is when we realized we didn't have keys to get in. However there were some spare keys in the room, on the third floor of the building. So imagine this, it is dark, freezing cold, lightly snowing. I am wearing my dress shoes and suit pants and I climbed up the balconies to the third floor. All while people are just inside their rooms watching T.V. and no one saw me. The best part was when I got on our balcony, the slider door was locked. So I pulled out a credit card and flipped the lock to get in and get our spare key. So that was kind of eventful. Something I won't be doing again hopefully.

But this week was a little tough. We are getting no support from our members in the ward and it is super frustrating. Because this area has been pretty tracted out, it's hard to find people to teach, and I know there are opportunities if the ward would tell us something, but they won’t. So we just need to work harder and find people to teach so our ward sees we are serious and need help. But this next week will be good. I have a couple of things to look forward to, one is we get a car and thursday we are going to the temple. And I know that if I go with a question I will receive an answer. So I am excited for that.


But brothers and sisters, before I finish, I just want to bear my testimony. This gospel is so true. I don't just say that, I mean that. There is no question in my mind that this work is the most important thing on earth. And this week as I was studying I came across the story of ammon glorying in God to his brothers. And he sums it up perfectly. I can't even begin to tell you how much our God loves us, and that I love him because he provided a way for us to return to him. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and his atonement and for everything he has done for us. And I know that he is our savior, and that he lives and that no matter what we do there is nothing that he can't help us through. I love this gospel and Jesus Christ and am so thankful for the opportunity I have to share it. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment