Monday, March 20, 2017

03/20/2017 - Enjoy Your Week and Try To Find Passion in the Gospel!

Hello everyone from home,

So this week was so full, this email won't suffice a portion of what happened. So last week started really rough. We had some pretty frustrating meetings with some certain leaders in the ward. Who kinda made it clear they weren't very interested and that the work we do now is way easier than what they did when they served missions. So I felt like they didn't have a ton of respect for what we wanted to do. But we met with our ward mission leader and he helped us focus on some things. He told us about a metaphorical family that we have now started sharing with the ward to help them focus on missionary work. He said, within our boundaries there is a man named Bill. He just moved here with his wife Karen. They have a small family but their life for some odd reason has been kindof unsettled. They felt that they were meant to come here for some reason. And we know that that reason is to come unto christ. So we need to pray and search for them because Bill and Karen can be found. I carried two BOM for them all week to help me remember who we are searching for. So that was something I needed.

So this week we also got A NEW CAR! It was a new Rav 4 and had 19 Kilometers on it when we got in. The newest car I have ever driven in my entire life. Thursday we got to go to the temple. It was cool because the member (brother strong) that took us works there as an engineer. So he took us in the basement and showed us all the heating and technical stuff that makes the temple run. So that was super cool. Also we noticed while there all the scriptures were brand new. And he told us they got new ones like a day before. Anyway we kept talking and we asked what we do with them. He said they keep them in storage or give them away. And he told us he will try and get me and my companion each one of the Book of Mormons from the temple. So that would be super cool if he could get us those. We also had retrainers friday so I got to see everyone from the MTC again, and went on exchanges again the same day. That was fun.
3/17/2017 - Retrainers Meeting

As for the most important things, the work this week was successful. The start of the week was rough but we didn't have a ton of time to get out like we wanted to. But we finally got to meet with our now new investigator DAVE! So we had been trying to meet him but it finally worked out friday. Dave is new to the area and recently went through a divorce. But we got to his house and walked in and the first thing I noticed was a big amercan flag on the wall and like alma "my heart filled with joy." Anyway he is so solid, he is from mississippi and served in the airforce then got married and moved to canada and lived here 20 years. He loves fishing and drinking coffee and beer. But he said this trial he is going through he doesn't want to be bad (turn to a bottle) and he knows Jesus Christ will give him the opportunity he wants. He is looking for a church and reads his Camo bible everyday. The lesson went well and he loved the Restoration, especially the apostacy part that he really understood. The spirit was so strong when we talked about the atonement and we left him with a bom to read that he seemed really excited to read. So that was super cool. ay

But Brothers and sisters I wanted to bear testimony about a couple of things that I learned this week. First and for most I love the temple. I prayed and went with a question. A real concern I had for the area and I sure got my answer. I prayed to know how to help the ward (since the meetings were super discouraging) and I felt like I should just keep praying for those leaders and work hard on some personal attributes. And all ready this sunday things improved with a great spirit I felt from those leaders who were quite apologetic to us. And showed a determination to work hard. And not only that but the temple was really refreshing. During retrainers I felt inspired to work on one area of my work so far. That was my passion, not just feeling it for myself but showing it. And wow. That along with the temple was one of the coolest things I experienced this week. As I made that my focus, tracting saturday was super weird. It felt super refreshing, and I had so much fun even though we only picked up one potential.

But Brothers and sisters I know that I was full of the spirit this week. I could feel it. The temple is truly the house of God and I challenge all of you to try and make it there this week. It will help you, and strengthen you because it is the saviors house and he can help us more than we can understand. I am determined this week to work myself sick, to not waste a single moment because this is His work and I am so happy to be able to be a part of it. I know that he lives and he loves all of us. Brothers and sisters please share that, the world is a dark place but I know we can and need to fill it with light. ENJOY YOUR WEEK AND TRY TO FIND PASSION IN THE GOSPEL!!

Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment