Tuesday, July 24, 2018

07/24/2018 - We Have to Trust in Christ to Truly Have Our "Seas Calmed"

HEY everyone! 


Well a good week this week! It was also a blur so let me try and recount the blessings we had!  We started the week on another Exchange. It was super different. I was with Elder Raun, he is from Taiwan. It was awesome, he is still learning the language so it was a little tough for him, but we did some awesome work and we saw a cool miracle. We were looking for a former investigator and we knocked into a guy named Paul, he let us in and we were able to teach almost all of the restoration, and invited him to church. But he didn't come and we haven't seen him again. But we will work to catch him this week! We could find a new investigator! I know we will. 

Then we worked pretty regular all week, seeking to find more people to teach, we were in members homes, out on the streets and all over to find more people to bring closer to Christ. We saw another miracle. We had a day where we were just struggling to get some appointments, well the Lord needed us to do something else. So we did what we always do and got to work contacting and trying to talk to as many people as possible. We  were looking for another former investigator and knocked the door and a man came out and started talking to us. It was such a funny experience, he had LDS friends when he was in high school and even came to church. We were able to answer tons of his questions and started teaching the restoration. Anyway, we got side tracked by a question about adam and eve and before we know it we were being taught about how he is Vegan and we should be vegan too. It was a new one for me, haven't ever had that on the mission before. The whole time I was thinking " he is talking to the wrong guys, I am going to go home and be a farmer and Elder Johnson pretty much doesn't like anything except meat." Haha it was super fun, it made sense and the guy was super genuine about it so we listened and left him with a book of mormon. He was excited to read it. We even shared with him D&C 89 and he loved it! haha it was a fun experience, he wants to know more and said we should meet up again and go to a vegan resturant. It was great and I know the Lord needed us to find him! Unfortunately he is a YSA but thats ok! (also he drove a hybrid). He was a baller and we are excited to teach again. 

Anyway that is what the week was like. We were also able to take a lot of the young men out with us, which is always super fun, preparing them for missions. One of the Young men got his call to Hawaii and is hyped to come out with us. He was even made a ward missionary and was at our coordination with our ward mission leader this week. So we are getting him ready! 

Lastly I guess this week was a spiritual pump up for me. This area has had ups and downs, seems like almost weekly, but missions are hard. Anyway I was reading about Jesus calming the tempest, and it resonated with me. We have to trust in Christ to truly have our "seas calmed". So I made the extra effort to make this happen. It started with prayer, praying more fervently, remembering him throughout the day and praying so that I can be a tool in his hands to find the prepared. It was a much needed spiritual boost. Sometimes in the mission you think you got it, and you just lean on your experience, but as I focused more on Him I really felt the spirit extra strong. I know the Lord is there for each of us.

Also tomorrow I hit my 18 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Love, Elder Ollis

7/24/2018 - Some of my favorite members gave us a 5 gallon bucket of ice cream
(don't worry there was only like a gallon left, we didn't eat all of it)
 

07/24/2018 - Lambo of the week

07/24/2018 - Not a lambo but still a dope car.
And you all should email me your vote, red or blue, Byu or Utah? Which looks the best?
(you all know I think the blue)



No comments:

Post a Comment