Sunday, July 15, 2018

07/10/2018 - Persistence Pays Dividends

Hello Everyone.

Well I will make this brief. This week was quite a week. We had MLC Friday. It was new and very different with a new mission President. So that was pretty interesting. Then we went on Exchanges with the Spanish speaking missionaries. So I was with Elder Fish in the Spanish missionaries area. Kinda a new one for me. Just followed along not sure what in the world was going on. But it was a good day. Then we had a great Sunday. 

Monday we had a couple of cool miracles, we were driving and I saw this van in a driveway that said restoration on it. It was for another Church, so me and Elder Johnson went and talked to the guy in his house. Anyway it was cool because he seemed interested and a really good guy and was willing to listen to what we said. So we are going to try him again some time. Then that same day we were trying to contact a former investigator. They weren't home so we knocked a few doors around. No one was interested but we asked for referrals and a lady sent us across the street to try a house. Anyway, they weren't interested either but we tried next to them and found a lady. So how it happened was this. When I knock doors I kinda am to that point in my mission where unless that person has the guts to slam the door in my face or tell me to go away I just keep teaching because I am tired of rude people. Even when I can tell they aren't interested I just take the time to teach so they can hopefully feel the spirit. So we knock this door and I could tell the lady wasn't interested, but once again I just thought, well until I hear “Not interested” and she closes that door I am just going to teach the restoration. So I did. I began teaching very simply the restoration and got to our Savior’s Earthly ministry. Well at that point she said “ok I will listen” and went and grabbed us some chairs and we sat down with her on her porch and began teaching. It was amazing. We were able to teach and eventually she accepted an invitation for us to return and teach her more. It will take some time, she struggles to accept anything other than the bible and wouldn't take a Book of Mormon, but we will get there. So we picked her up as a new investigator! So that was awesome!

But that is about all that is going on up here. It's summer and our wards are really small because everyone is gone. 4th ward probably didn't have more than 80 people there. So appointments are hard to come by these days. The other thing is Stampede is going on too! So lots of drinking and everyone dresses like a cowboy. And most people if they have time off are down at the stampede. We don't get to go to that as missionaries. But that is about all that’s been going on. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment