Tuesday, July 3, 2018

07/03/2018 - I Guess I Am a First, and There is Still Something For Me To Do Here

Well hello everyone. Another week is gone and on the board. 

First news is that I stayed. Elder Johnson and I will be together for another 7 weeks (six now) and I am excited! I am the first missionary in a whole year to do 2 transfers with a companion in this area. So that is pretty cool. I guess I am a first, and there is still something for me to do here. 

It was a good week. We worked hard and got things all set up for the transfer, Josh's baptism went well. Then we had Canada day on Sunday! So that was fun, got to celebrate the country we all love! It was a little rough, our wards were really empty and so were the streets. And it was rainy and cold. So a little bit of a dreary week but things always get better when people come home from their trips. 

We were also able to meet President Keung yesterday. I love the Keungs!! They are so loving and kind. Kinda crazy how you could feel the love they had for us even when they really don't know anything about us yet. What a learning curve right!? Gosh that would be tough. But they were ready to go and all fired up. I especially loved Sister Keung’s remarks. She said I don't know what I am doing, I am just a mother, President Keung does though. And she went on to talk about how we all, including them, are here by inspiration and foreordained to be here. It was really amazing to consider. (also just imagine them saying that in a New Zealander accent). We had a funny experience with them too. On Saturday Elder Johnson and I got a media referral, so we tried to find the apartment and couldn't find the apartment number. So we gave the number a call and they text us back saying they will call us back. Well they didn't, so that evening Elder Johnson said we should call one more time. So I did. Well, it turns out the number was President Keung's phone from before the mission haha, and he referred us someone he met but accidentally put his number in. So we had a funny conversation as I invited him to meet with the missionaries and he asked what district or zone I was in. Haha It was really a funny experience. 

But things are good. We have a good week planned and a lot to do. Anyway, I am a little tired of writing this email so have a good week and remember to keep focused on the Savior, we were able to partake of the sacrament this week and we promised to do so!

Love, Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment