Tuesday, January 30, 2018

01/29/2018 - Through Christ We Will Overcome Our Imperfect Season in Mortality

Well another good week. They are all good when you are serving the Lord. But nonetheless I will get right down to it. Our investigator is doing well. She wants what we are teaching and she has such real intent, probably more than anyone I have ever taught. The hard part right now is we’ve got to slow down a bit so she gets things. But she said yesterday she would love to be baptized. So we can absolutely work for that. Just no date yet, it didn't seem quite right. But it will come I know it. She is awesome though and loves the church!  It has been cool because the ward is equally excited. I think almost everyone asks about how she is doing when we go for lessons. It is great.

We have such solid leadership in Cardston.  Our bishops are literally the best and our ward mission leaders are awesome. So this week we were invited to the Priesthood leadership meeting. It was the bishops and ward mission leaders. We talked about ward mission plans and we have some great leaders. We were able to talk with one of our brand new bishops about it after the meeting and he expressed a great desire to get a good one. And we were able to build his trust in us too. We were also able to talk with another one, he too expressed similar desires, especially to get us someone to teach. Our other two are awesome as well. We had one bishop get so excited for our new investigator and asked if he could come to lessons. He came to two this week. It was great. And our other bishop is so awesome as well. He and the ward mission leader have set up a system for us to be in 2 members homes minimum each week in that ward. It is so awesome. I love our wards!

Other than that our week has nothing too spectacular. We are working hard, like always and we are going to be blessed. But I wanted to share some thoughts I have been thinking about this week. Since in Cardston I have kinda stressed a bit about things I just shouldn't stress about. Like me being a Zone Leader, I have been a wreck on making sure everything I do is perfect because people look up to me. But my thoughts were, I am trying to be something I am not. We, I, am not perfect. So I was reading Elder Holland’s talk this week: "be ye therefore perfect, eventually." And I wanted to point out a few thoughts I had. First was we cannot point our fingers at others. None are perfect. I know that I am not. That creates an environment that does not do well with leading (like in my case). Next was, we are not perfect. Everyone knows this, but most importantly, I think we should remember that our father in heaven knows this too. Let’s think about the plan of salvation. To anyone who served a mission I ask you, when you taught the lesson and talked about why we are here what did you say? Did you say we are here to be perfect? NO! Never was that any part of our fathers plan. We are not sent here to be perfect, that was the Adversaries plan. We, Children of our Heavenly Father, were sent her to REPENT. Let me repeat that, we are sent here to repent. That was the plan, to come here to learn about our Savior. So application, how is this knowledge going to bless us? Let it go. What ever it is. Whether it is you feel you never measure up, or that you have made mistakes that you feel you cannot feel forgiven for, the answer brothers and sisters, is to let it go and turn to the Savior. We should never strive to be perfect, it is simply not our purpose. What we should strive for is our Savior, and glory in the fact that through him we will overcome our imperfect season in mortality. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I know that he lived and died for me and for you. I love him and as I strive to be like him, and represent him, I hope that you do too. I know that he helps and I know that we can turn to him in our daily situations. So my invitation this week is to spend a little time focusing on him, whether it be in the Temple, the scriptures, or on your knees. Draw closer to him. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Ollis


In an email to mom: I love it here mom, the people are so awesome! Also I learned this week one cow could be worth up to 100,000 dollars. I might just move up here and open a ranch haha! Seems like it is pretty good money! Also I can crack a bullwhip now better than you would expect. Another Elder in our zone is going to show me how to make them and I am going to make one. It is cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment