Thursday, February 8, 2018

02/06/2018 - I Am So Grateful to be Able to Serve in the Lord's Army

Hello everyone! Sorry I am on late, we went to the temple this moring!

Well we had a pretty good week this week. It started out super good last tuesday. We visited a member and he gave us some home grown pork sausage (it was his pig) and white gravy. We are really excited for that, you can't find that stuff in canada! Biscuits and gravy here we come! and we had zone conference. It was awesome to here from President Miles. He really is the best mission president. Sad to have to say goodbye to him but that is how life goes. We received training for the smart phones we are getting. But as for that things were just good. Thats all I can say. Tomorrow is MLC, so Elder Crockett and I get to drive up to Calgary and we will get are smart phones then. 

Also we had another super cool member feed us this week. She is from Brazil. It was so cool, we had dinner at there house a month ago and I told her about when I was part of a branch. So she made us a bunch of brazilian dishes. It was so cool! She also made me a ton of brigaderros to take home. That was cool.

Well to be honest I can't remember to much about this week, it flew by. But most important, our one investigator is on date!! She is going to get baptized! We are excited, but it is really strange, both of us feel like we really aren't doing anything. Our members are so awesome, and she is so prepared. To understand what I mean I will quote our lesson when we put her on date to be baptized. We had planned to do it at the end of the lesson, well in the middle the members ask if she has heard about baptism, She says "yes, I want to be baptized, when can I be baptized?" Elder Crockett and I respond " well we were thinking March 10." Investigator: "can I put that on my calendar?" It was super cool. But we are excited. The only thing I am worried about is transfers happen the week before the 10th. And knowing my luck I will be out of here. But I guess it is what the Lord wants. I would love to see one baptism though. But things are going good. Our wards are awesome, the members trust us. Elder Crockett is great. I still want to become a farmer, and I love being a missionary. I know this work is true, I am so grateful for the service I am able to give, I know the Lord needs us for each a unique purpose and what ever it is we receive help, often through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love my savior and I love this gospel! I am so grateful to be able to serve in the Lords army.


Pictures: We went street contacting this week. Haha jk




But the second one makes me want to...




Wait for it......






WOLVERINE! 

(thought dad would like that)




In a letter to mom:  Anyway we had a good week. To be honest it flew by and I can't really remember it all. We, meaning the leaders in the mission, get our phones tomorrow. So we get to test them out for a month or so before everyone gets them. So that is cool. It will be weird. It was cool at a zone conference this week President said to us: " 18 months ago I would have never trusted this mission with technology." It is kinda cool how much our mission has changed for the better, and now to a totally new universe. So we are excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment