Tuesday, February 13, 2018

02/13/2018 - This Week was Bitter Sweet

Well hello y'all. 

Well this week was bitter sweet. So lets start with the sweet. First off today has been a good day. It started out like I said last week. Biscuits and Gravy, Lets go. Then we drove 20 minutes south to a members home, brother Kormos. Well Brother Kormos's property is on the border. So we went for a nice hike up a mountain to the US border. LETS GO! we saw freedom today. It was pretty fun. Brother Kormos is one of my favourite members, he is a farmer, and to be honest that life sounds good to me. We couldn't cross the border, as that is illegal but we were there. It smelled like freedom. It was glorious. I was just hoping to see a bald eagle. It was crazy windy though and super cold but it was worth it. We also climbed it in our white shirts and ties. LETS GO

02/13/2018 - View from the US Border!

02/13/2018 - Brother Kormos

02/13/2018 - The US/Canada Border!

But as for the week we had a tough one and a good one. The good was we found a new investigator. The situation is a little weird. His name is Collin, he is struggling and he needed to get away from Calgary so he moved down her to live with his aunt. Who is a recent convert we have been helping get to the temple. Well the situation is weird because we aren't sure how interested he is and he might be just being nice because he is living there and getting a lot of help but none the less it is a new gator. Bad news is we weren't able to get our phones, they have been taking a long time to ship to Canada, because Canadien post takes a long time. But our other investigator on date had a rough week. She has been hard to get a hold of but we will keep trying and see what happens. Probably won't happen on the 10th but we will see. 

I was super excited to get a package this week. A surprise valentines gift from my family. And the chicken was so funny. Haha what the heck. I put my name tag on it so it now is one of my companions. I am going to keep that chicken around. (thanks dad!)

But as for that just wanted to let you all know I love you all. Each and everyone one of you. I know the Lord does too. I love this work and am so happy to be a part of it. See ya, Elder Ollis



Note from Elder Ollis' Mom: Just in case you are wondering what Elder Ollis is talking about see the chicken video below.  His dad thought it was hysterically funny and thought it might be a good way to laugh off the frustrating moments!



No comments:

Post a Comment