Tuesday, January 9, 2018

01/09/2018 - I Love the Lord. He Is Always There and Does Answer Our Most Humble Desires

Well hello everyone!!!

Well to update you on the week. To be honest this has been such a strange week. I am excited since the holidays are over to get back to some normal things. Stores will be open again and more people will be home. I am excited. But nonetheless we saw some cool experiences. During our weekly planning session this week, me and Elder Crockett felt we should set some better goals. Cardston is really hard because there isn't much work with non members. But there are people here to bring closer to Christ, through baptism. I know it. We don't have any investigators now, but we set a goal to have a baptism on the 24th of Febuary. Nearly 2 months away, enough time to find, teach, and baptize someone. So we have this goal in mind. 

We decided to fast for it and invited some members to join us in this fast. Well the lord works in mysterious ways. While at church a member approaches us before priesthood and says "Elders, my father in law wants to take the discussions, and has read the book of mormon and is currently trying to finish doctrine and covenants. He is excited to hear about the gospel!" It was so cool, the Lord really does provide! But haha, there was a catch. The man lives in a retirement center that we don't cover. So we aren't going to be able to teach him. Which is hard, but I do believe that was an answer to our fast and prayers. Whether it was with us or not, it is someone coming unto Christ. I just want you all to know that I love the Lord. He is always there and does answer our most humble desires. Love you all! 

Elder Ollis


In an email to Elder Ollis' dad: It is hard but we keep working. I love this work and I love the members, we are furthering the work in this area and that is the most important thing.  

Please also send this picture to Brother Sudweeks, I met Ryan Merkley and his family!  He grew up with Brother Sudweeks!  Small world!

01/05/2018 - Ryan Merkley and family, members who know Elder Ollis' bishopric counselor at home

No comments:

Post a Comment