Friday, January 19, 2018

09/16/2017 - Ask Yourself, How Can I Apply This?

Hello everyone!!!!

Well it was a wonderful week but a tough one too. I was sick, I had a slight fever lots of the week and could barely breathe, but nothing stops the work of the Lord. So we continued regular and I am OK now mostly. But it was a good week. We were able to do a lot of great work and try and find as many people as possible. We have about 5-6 really solid potentials we are trying to get. The hold up is timing, such as they are working up north for a few more weeks. Or we have to go back with fellowship, or they are gone. So it will be an awesome week we have one lesson planned with a lady who really is ready for the gospel. She moved into the ward recently and our relief society president dropped by to visit her and invited her to church. She came and felt like this is what she needed.  So we are going back this week. Only hang up might be she could be a member, after all this is Cardston, so we are hoping she is an investigator but if not we will still teach her. Also update on that guy from last week, he is to be baptized on February 17th! And just wait I have one more half to come

Second Email:
Heyyyyo again everyone, sorry it is in two pieces but we were able to watch the announcement and the press conference and I didn't want to be distracted by emailing It is one extra opportunity to hear from the Prophet of God, and therefore from our Heavenly Father. But let me just let you all know about some thoughts I have had. First was I didn't say anything about President Monson last week and I have to say something. We were able to watch his funeral. President Miles felt it was important for us to watch it since President Monson called us on missions. But it was wonderful, I am so grateful for his service and for calling me on a mission. I won't ever forget President Monson, he is a wonderful man and he was the Lords servant, the Prophet of God. But remember that I whole-heartedly sustain and support President Neilson as the new Prophet, and his counselors. I will do all I can to support them in their callings (that is what a sustaining is for, right?) I loved what they said, particularly President Neilson’s remarks on him serving with all he has left. Similarly, I am here to serve the Lord, I love this Gospel and it is so wonderful to share.

But real quick I wanted to share something I have learned on my mission. I hope you think about it and apply it, because that is key. We were in Sunday school this Sunday and talked about the council in heaven. The teacher asked who was there and someone says we were all there. Of course we know this is true, and someone else remarked about how many there must have been. And up goes a hand of a very kind lady in the back. Her remark was along the lines of we must have had some technology we don't have now to be able to fit all of us in one area to hear the council. Now I am meaning no disrespect to her, so please follow me with this thought. But I am pointing out that her comment has absolutely no relevance to us in any way. That was my thought, and there is something so sweet and simple about it, in everything. Sometimes we get caught up in the details of things, such as technology in the pre earth life, or perhaps another one such as did Adam have a belly button. But that simply isn't important. What is important is understanding the principles we can live and use in our daily. Such as the words of Isaiah, many are confused about the hard language and comparisons he uses throughout. But it is easy to understand the purpose, that he is showing us that the Lord never forgets us. And when we apply that knowledge, by asking for help because he is there always, we will feel the spirit and receive strength through the Atonement. So this week, if you think about anything, ask yourself, how can I apply this? Love you all have a good one!

Elder Ollis


No comments:

Post a Comment