Wednesday, December 6, 2017

12/5/2017 - I Would Ask, Can Ye Feel So Now?

Hello everyone! 

Well another week is gone. Crazy. So on the update… sherry wasn't there for our appointment and we set up another appointment for tomorrow. So we might just be chasing her around trying to meet her again. But it is ok. It happens like that. We also picked up a new investigator last night. We had a lesson fall through so we were tracting into some former investigators we wanted to meet and knocked on mr. Krueger's home. He is an old dude from south africa and he let us in. He had some questions for us and we came and sat down with him and he just asked some simple stuff. We testified of all sorts of things from the restoration to the plan of salvation to the book of mormon. But he said he used to have a book of mormon and read a little and lost it so we gave him one and told him to read. He seemed really interested in that. Also this has never happened to me, it was a neat experience. We had some other cool miracles too and the work is going well.

11/28/2017 - Symbols on the sidewalk of Cardston Temple
Last week was super cool, we got to go to the temple. The Cardston temple is SOOOO COOL. It is super old and HUGE. But it has some really unique things. Such as the celestial room was not white. It had tons of wood, gorgeous paneled wood and gold designs. It was really unique, and quite a different feel. I enjoyed it a lot. Also there are these cool symbols on the fence and sidewalk that when it was rededicated, President Hinckley specifically asked to be placed. I took a picture and will send it. (yes this is ok for me to do) They are for a cool purpose, so when the 10 tribes are found they will see those symbols and know that it is a house of God. This temple has tons of cool history and stories.

11/28/2017 - Visit to the Cardston Temple
And lastly this week is transfers. I know that I will be leaving. Calls go out tonight, I don't know where, but last night President called and asked me to be a Zone Leader. So I don't know where, but I know I am leaving.

Lastly I wanted to leave you with a spiritual thought. I have recently felt like I should study and teach the atonement as often as possible. so that is what I have done for investigators, less actives, and members. all I have done is tie everything back to the atonement. And I had some thoughts for you. I was studying in the book of Alma. And brothers and sisters what I found this week is that really everything, in some sense, is part of the atonement. Joseph smith said everything is an appendage to the atonement, and that is right. We know the atonement is Christ’s suffering, so we can receive strength and forgiveness for sin. Well think about it, if you have had a difficult calling and felt strengthened by the Lord, is that not the Atonement? #LightTheWorld is about us being like the savior, is that not making ourselves “at one” with the savior? Atoning? And that is only the start, everything is about the atonement. But I wanted to leave you with some more thoughts, some personal application. These scriptures have been on my mind all week, I feel that they have made me a better missionary. Alma asks us in chapter 5 verse 14 "And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?" I sure hope you have, I know that I have. And experiences like that are great, but there can be more. Now verse 26, "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" Brothers and sisters, that is what we have to strive for. Feeling that love always. Love you all! Elder Ollis

11/28/2017 - Cardston Temple

Elder Ollis


No comments:

Post a Comment