Tuesday, November 28, 2017

11/28/2017 - I Really Am So Grateful. It's Hard Not to Be.

Well hello everyone. So to address the important stuff, Elder Ollis is a prediction Wizard. lets just say that. I totally called Auburn long before the season began. I don't think it was the spirit that helped me but just probably watching and reading too much about football before I left. Anyway please let me know how it goes. Also sorry if I don't email lots of you back this week, I really do appreciate your emails but we are going to the temple this week and so we might not be able to finish our time when we get back. But I really do appreciate the emails. 

I missed all of you on this wonderful thanksgiving weekend. And on that note I just wanted to leave you with a few things I am thankful for because I haven't had a chance to share (it wasn't thanksgiving in Canada). I am so thankful for my family, and the wonderful examples they have been to me. I really love each and every one of you. I am so grateful for my dog cooper, who I may miss more than my family. I am so grateful for the atonement and our savior jesus christ. I love him so much. I am so grateful for this chance to serve a mission. It is a humbling experience to know that for this short time I represent our savior. And regardless of how inadequate I am to represent him he helps in every step. I am also grateful for the wonderful freedoms we have. I also am grateful for college football. (I just had to add it.) And for large pads that save my brother as he plummets to the earth. I also am so grateful to have two wonderful temples in my mission. That is a wonderful blessing. But as for that brothers and sisters I really am so grateful. It's hard not to be. Regardless of how hard life is, it always can get better through the knowledge we have. 

But to update you on this week, it was bitter sweet. It was hard, we had a lot of dropped appointments but we saw some rewards. We found a new investigator, her name is Sherry and she has somewhere between 9-12 cats. I don't think she knows how many there are. But we were in the right place at the right time, taught her the Restoration on the door, and prayed with her and got a return appointment. So that is a new investigator!! But she wasn't there for the next appointment. So I will let you know how things are going with her. 

But that is all. Love you all. I just might send pictures sometime.
Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment