Wednesday, November 1, 2017

10/31/2017 - One of Them is Fishing and the Other is Canucks!

Hey everyone! 

So this week was super fast. Can't believe it is P-day again. But not looking forward to today since as you know it is Halloween.  And yes there is Halloween up here. Which means we go in at 6. So basically today we do p-day stuff, eat dinner and go home. I think I might explode cause we can't do anything this evening. I really just want to work! Also we got permission to go to the temple next Tuesday so our email time will probably be pretty short cause we have a drive we have to make to Cardston, but I am super excited because I haven't been able to make it to the temple since April. So thankful that our mission has 2 temples!

But nonetheless we had a really busy week, tons of lessons and tons of trying to find, the usual grind. But we were able to find a new investigator this week! Her name is Kaitlyn Laine and she was a media referral, which usually doesn't lead to much but this time it worked! Anyway we had a lesson with her sunday night. She had met missionaries before and was supposed to be baptized but she didn't get baptized and lately she felt she needed to contact missionaries again, so she found us. But she is 27 and single so we will have to pass her off to YSA but at least we found someone! As for that we had an awesome lesson this week with our investigator Nicole. We taught her the Word of wisdom and she is going to live it. She is from seattle and she said coffee will be really hard but she can do it. I have confidence she can. She is so ready for baptism. The past few lessons we have gone through the interview questions and taught what we thought she might not know or understand, and she is ready! The only problem is she needs to get married or split up. But the problem is, because of a ton of legal complexities, they can't get married for several months and it won't be in Canada. So we are going to have to try and have them live separately, but the hard part is they have a child. So we are praying! ! We want her to be baptized so bad and she is right there, but one really big thing needs to change. But that is kinda how it goes.

As for that we have another awesome, super busy week. We have to take our car into the dealership to get it fixed, so this week will be awesome because we are supposed to get snow tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and SATURDAY!!! I am so pumped!   We are basically going to be digging ourselves out this week! I especially love knocking doors in the snow cause each stair case is a slope, and I can get in a few turns. You just always have to be finding where you can put in some powder cuts! haha. Also BYU won! I knew they couldn’t be the worst team in college football! Especially not until I go play there!

But as for that everyone I just wanted to leave you with a testimony.  This week I have changed focus on my study and thrown myself at the book of mormon. Let me tell you, I love the book of Mormon! Let it also be known that I KNOW that book is true. I love in the intro Joseph said a man will get closer to God by abiding by its precepts than any other book. And it is true. That book is full of the gospel of Jesus Christ, that if we apply to our lives, we can make it to live with our Father in heaven. He loves us, and there is nobody that is outside of his reach. And the way to reach to Him is through the book of mormon. I love you all and I am so happy to be a missionary! It is honestly the best thing I have ever done and I have never been this happy in my life. I love you all and I love the people of Canada. President Monson once said he has a few soft spots, one of them is fishing and the other is Canucks! It is so true! Love you all!


Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment