Thursday, August 17, 2017

08/15/2017 - And I just hear, "Hi missionaries, wait that is THOMAS!"

Heyo everyone. 

Well this week flew by. And had a lot of weird stuff happen, and some cool stuff. First off, it was really weird that I saw the Tongas, a family from my home ward. Let me describe what happened. We are walking down the street, and I just hear, "hi missionaries, wait that is THOMAS!" Which was weird because I hadn't heard that name in forever. Anyway they ran across the street because they were across from my area and sure enough I was standing right there in front of someone from home. It was the weirdest thing I have experienced. I apologize to them however, as I was shocked, and in my mind I wasn't supposed to really see people I knew.  So it freaked me out and I said we had to go kinda quickly.  But one thing I did learn was that I cover where Sister Tonga grew up. So that is cool. 

Anyway this week we were still trying to figure things out and meet up with investigators who seem like they probably will drop us because we aren't the sisters. But that was expected. We are currently working with quite a few LA's (less actives) because finding in Lethbridge is really hard. We also called all the Part Member Families in the ward to try and pick up some new investigators. So we have quite a few lessons this week. We are worried however that they are just really nice old people who just like to have company. So we will see if there is anything solid. But that has been our work here.

This week is zone conference, which I am excited for. And before I go I wanted to tell a story of the last zone conference in southern Alberta. So we get people thanking us for what happened all the time, but last transfer the craziest thing happened. All of the south, basically all the missionaries that don't cover Calgary got together. Near the end of the conference someone felt inspired to leave. Sure enough outside across the street they see smoke rising from a retirement center. They rush back into the zone conference and all the missionaries rush across the street to help evacuate all these older people into the church to get them out of the smoke and away from the fire. It was a miracle, honestly many lives were saved because of someone listening to the holy ghost. So I hope there won't be a fire this week, but I know that our Savior is leading this work, he guides us if we seek it and we can find those he has prepared. love you all!

Note from Mom: We received this video from the Tonga family shortly after they saw him on the streets of Lethbridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment