Thursday, January 24, 2019

01/23/2019 - The Last Email

Well hello everyone, I can't believe this is the last email. But let me tell you about the week. We worked hard and talked to as many people as we could. It was cool, last thursday we went and taught seminary. We started and taught early morning and then two more classes right after. It was super fun! We talked about missionary work and had just tons of fun with the kids in the class. The teachers who invited us were in our ward and they love us! It was so much fun to be with the youth. One of the things that we had them do was pull out their phones and scroll through their friends list on social media with a question in mind of "who is the Lord preparing to receive a message of the Restored Gospel." It was so cool to have all of the youth come up with a name and then message that person! And there were miracles! We talked to one of the youth who said she is going to bring her friend to church in a couple of weeks! It is so cool how we are entitled to revelation and the Lord will give it to us when we are willing to act upon it! It was tons of fun! 

Another cool miracle, I mentioned what we did for our stake conference, well one name that was sent in was Liz. Liz is a less active who I taught while I was in Lethbridge for the first time. It was cool, because last night we got a lesson set up with the family (the nickels! ) who sent in her name. So we were able to go teach Liz and pass her off to the missionaries that currently cover my old area. It was such a cool miracle to be able to teach someone I knew over a year ago. It was fun! But mostly that was the week! We worked hard and it has been bitter sweet. 

But I just wanted to write a few more things, just to share how I have been feeling, some things I have learned and a little testimony. But just keep into account I am a man of few words. So don't expect anything crazy! haha. But I just wanted to say I am so incredibly grateful for this experience of serving a mission. I have never experienced anything like it. I have learned so much. I have learned more than ever that Jesus is the Savior of the World. He did suffer so that I, and you, can have Him there every step of the way. I am humbled that He would trust me to have done just a little of His work here in Canada. I feel His love everyday. I have left it all on the Altar of Sacrifice and know that I have only been able to do what He asked of me because of the help I received. I love the people here, I will be so sad to leave some of the most faithful people I have ever met. I am grateful for the leaders that I have been given. I know that each of them were called of God and placed in my path to show me the way. Pres Miles, Keung and countless district and Zone leaders each taught me a lot of what the Lord wants for me. I know that the Book of Mormon is God’s word. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I am forever grateful for his work in bringing forth the greatest book. I know that the Book of Mormon can help us draw closer to Christ. My heart is full, I can't really express through email the feelings and thoughts of two years of service to the Lord, but I do know these few things. I know that the next step is scary, but I have my Savior, and I know that with His help it can be better. I love this work. I do not want to leave it, but the Spirit has impressed upon me that there are other things and other plans for me. I look forward to the next step and will never forget this short experience in the North. I love you all and leave you with these things in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment