Wednesday, October 10, 2018

10/09/2018 - Moral of the Story is You Never Know What Will Happen

What a great week we had up in the great white north. We woke up today with an inch or two of snow and you know I am excited! I also bought a new coat last week, didn't need one, but it was an unbelievable sale and I couldn't pass it up. So I am double prepared for winter (you can't have too many coats).

But we had a solid week of meetings it seemed like. We had MLC, which was great. Then we went on an exchange with the Assistants. So those are always super fun. And then General conference. It was awesome! I loved pretty much every talk. So wonderful we were able to hear from a prophet of God. I don't have too much to say about it, other than I got a lot of answers to questions that I needed and felt completely nourished by the word of God! And 12 new temples! Holy Cow, we are going to hit 200 by next year!!! That is amazing. We also had a cool experience. There is a couple we have been trying to teach for a little while. They are from mexico and super busy, but we introduced them to some members in our ward that live near them, that are also from mexico. It was a super cool connection! And the members brought the wife to general conference sunday! It was a great miracle! Pray that we can teach them! We hope to have a (baptism) white Christmas!

Also another cool thing I wanted to share because it blew me away. We had dinner saturday with a YSA kid who actually served in this mission. Like he served here maybe 5 or 6 months ago. Anyway he is going to school here and wanted to take us to dinner. So we were talking and come to find out he transferred into Lethbridge the transfer I left, about a year ago. It was cool because he told me about a man they taught that I found while in Lethbridge and he is now active again! I totally had forgotten about that guy but it was a great miracle just finding him. A year ago Elder Woltron and I felt we should go tract what we thought was the North part of our area and ran into a less active member who said we could come back. We found out after that wasn't our area, so we went back with the missionaries that covered there and passed him off to be taught. Anyway, I left about a week after this happened, and the former missionary we had dinner with came into that other area we accidentally tract in. Anyway the guy has been coming to church ever since I met him. What a cool miracle! Anyway, moral of the story is you never know what will happen. I love this gospel and I know the Lord blesses us for what we do. I know as we diligently seek to follow the spirit He will guide us through life.

Much love, Elder Ollis

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete