Thursday, August 30, 2018

08/24/2018 - I Know the Lord Lives and He Knows What We Need

Well hello everyone,

We had another week here, a whole seven days. Let me tell you what happened. Well what happened was we did lots of missionary work! All day, everyday. Then yesterday we had a zone conference. It was super cool, we talked about a lot of amazing stuff. Once again, it was good.

But we had a cool miracle last night that I want to share some of the details. We had some appointments that fell through and because of zone conference and interviews we didn't have time to plan much. So we said a prayer, planned it out, and went out working. We were going to our last home to visit and so we prayed mightily and asked to be guided to those who need our heavenly father. So we were knocking doors around and no one was answering but on one of the last doors this guy answers. He was on the phone and I shared about having hope in life and eternal families and he hangs up the phone and says " I don't know a lot about Christ but I want to know more." Needless to say I talked about the book of mormon and he said again, "Well are you going to give me one? Sell me one? I want to read it." We ended up going in and teaching half the first lesson, and all I can say is there are no coincidences in this world. That man was so prepared I have NEVER experienced something like that ever. He asked if he could come to church and we are going to meet him again Friday. And one of the best parts, as we were leaving he says, "hey do you guys golf?" I about hugged the man, and he said we should golf some time. There is a lot more to the story, such as how he expressed some concerns about things that we had talked about that very day at zone conference. It was a miracle! That is all I can say. I know the Lord lives and He knows what we need. And I know dilligence and obedience pay off. Even when we don't seem to be getting anywhere, there is no need for us to be less dilligent or less obedient. It only weakens us and dulls our spirit. I love this Gospel!!

Elder Ollis


08/24/2018 - Just getting in touch with my future career!

No comments:

Post a Comment