Sunday, May 13, 2018

05/08/2018 - We Do Not Doubt Our Mothers Knew It

Hey yall!!!!   (If you don't think yall is proper english then please look up 3 Nephi 18:24


Well we had another week. They keep flying by. It is wild. But we had a goodish week. Didn't start off the best, wednesday we got dropped by one of our two investigators. She has been taught for months and just can't be baptized because of a tricky situation that I don't want to explain. But she still will get baptized sometime, she came to church and comes almost every week she just doesn't want to meet with us anymore. So that wasn't the best start but things are still good. We keep working hard. We meet with as many members as we can and are trying to find those who have someone they can invite to learn more. It is a slow process but we are working hard. When we are not meeting we are out working hard. Trying to find as many people as we can. We have also been working on our areabook. A little bit each day. We have to enter manually every former investigator and potential investigator into our areabook app. Which needs to get done so that is not my favorite thing but we are doing it anyway. But that is about all the exciting news. 

We went on another exchange this week with the Wildwood Elders again. I was there again with Elder Sessions, our distirct leader. It was good, I served around Elder Sessions back in my Lethbridge days. It is cool to see how much people grow. It was awesome!  We were biking around downtown calgary, which was a first for me and I almost died. My legs were toast. But it was fun. That is all I got this week. Nothing too exciting, we have a lesson tonight with a potential who seemed excited about the book of mormon. So we will see how it goes. 

But lastly, it is mothers day this week and I just wanted to share a little something to say thanks to my wonderful mother. And as I pondered this thought, what my mother has done for me, I couldn't really explain that one. So I will do my best. I am so grateful to be on a mission and I know that the best preparation for this experience came from within the home, especially things I learned from my mother. No way would I be able to do the things I do without the help of her. Especially grateful for the testimony I developed of my Savior. I know He lives, I know He loves us and I know that He helps us through the toughest of times. I am grateful for my mom sharing this with me. I know all things are possible with the Savior on our side. And the words of Alma support me in this thought, as speaking of the Stripling Warriors, Helaman says " We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Love ya mom, thanks for all the help! 

See ya! Elder Ollis

05/03/2018 - Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment