Wednesday, February 15, 2017

02/13/2017 - I Really Hope I Made An Impact

First off sorry, last week I gave you the wrong scripture. It is actually DC 19 verse 15-20. So this week was kinda bitter sweet. Let me explain. It started off kinda sad. Had to see off the older district with a great group of elders that I was pretty close with. But I know they will be excellent missionaries. Then I became ZL!! Which in the MTC doesn't really mean much since it's for such a short time. But anyway, it was exciting because we got to meet the new district and got to help them get settled. But I had to let you the worst news. My companion Elder Henderson partially tore his ACL playing basketball wednesday (did I mention how good he is, he wants to play at USU when he gets back). Which means that tomorrow he will be going back home for 3 months to recover. It was really sad. That also meant that most of thursday and friday we were in and out of the clinic and Emergency room.

But I would like to share the experiences I had this week. Brothers and sisters the priesthood is the power of god here on earth. As a ZL I had the opportunity to give several blessings this week. For a variety of problems.(this was a particularly rough week for our zone) And let me tell you, I have never experienced anything like that. In every instance the person me and my companion blessed made a significant change and they seemed to have a completely new outlook on the work they were doing. It was remarkable, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I was given to lead and try and set an example for other Elders in our Zone. I really hope I made an impact. 

But I do need to pack so I am going to keep it a little short this week and share an experience I had today. During a companionship study today we decided to read in Enos. And as we read god promised that the record of the Nephites would go to the lamanites in his own due time. And as I looked up i see my Navajo companion. HE IS LIVING EVIDENCE OF THAT SCRIPTURE!!!! I shared that with him and he said he never realized it. It was way cool. But it doesn't stop there. Go and read Verse 20 in Enos. As my companion read it he busted out laughing and said "it sounded so fimiliar." (please read after it says they dwelt in tents.) Anyway and we talked more about the Gospel and Native american culture, and let me tell you just a little bit of what I learned.

First off, The book of mormon is so true. But he told me that in their culture they always build their homes with the door facing east. That is because it is said that is where the great spirit will come. Now think about this, when Christ comes it will be first in Israel. THAT IS EAST!! So that was pretty cool. But before I go, Brothers and sisters, this gospel is so true. I love it, and am so thankful for the opportunity to serve our Lord and build his kingdom. I love our savior. The atonement is so real and I am so grateful for how it allows us to be saved. 


Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment