Wednesday, February 15, 2017

02/07/2017 - I Cannot Wait to Shout That to the People of Canada!

So this week was a big week. No way I can tell you all I want to say. But I did get my travel info. I leave next tuesday at 3 in the morning. We fly to seattle then to calgary. That means this is my last P-day. And it is wild I am already leaving. And I am going to be really sad to leave my district. We are all really close and have a lot of fun, it is not at all what I expected. But I am sorry I told you to look for that talk from elder Bednar, I didn't know but it was an MTC broadcast, which means it is only seen here. Which was sad, I really wish you could have seen it.

Anyway, I have 3 things that happened to me this week that I would like to share. So this week in my personal study I decided to study the ten lost tribes. I don't know why but I followed it. As I began reading something struck me. First off, the Israelites are so frustrating, they had every opportunity to be a chosen people but every time they threw it away. It is actually kind of ridiculous, like the law of moses really isn't that tough to follow. Just don't build a giant gold statue. But anyway, what struck me is that how much the lord loves us. In the scriptures it says god is a merciful god, and he totally is. He wants us to succeed and he provides us and did provide the people of israel every opportunity he could to get us to return to him. Which leads me to my second thing I wanted to talk to you about.

This week I read D&C 119:20-25  [it is actually D&C 19:15-20…typo] I think it was. Now I invite you to just read it, then think about it for a minute. It should kinda sting, it is a pretty harsh scripture. Or that's what I thought. Now I invite you to imagine yourself sitting with Christ, and him reading this to you. But imagine him pleading with you to make it so we don't have to experience what he did and what he describes. Because he experienced it and does not want us to even have a taste.(this is what I did and it kinda changed my perspective)

Everyone, God loves us more than we really understand, I have realized this more than ever. He does not want us to fail, and I promise you there is absolutely NOTHING we can do that he cannot help us fix if we only come unto him. I love that idea, it is so amazing to think that I will soon be going into the field and inviting people to accept God's mercies and allow us to return to him. Because when it's all said and done, that is really all he wants.

Anyway, last thing before I go switch laundry. Our TRC investigator who I told you about, things improved. We talked with her everyday last week. And things went a lot better. Anyway, in our last visit we were there and we we asking her about how she did on he book of mormon reading we invited her to do the last time. And she looked at us and said it was going well, really well. And before I could even ask another question she just poured out her heart. She talked about how since she started praying after we asked that she felt so much happier (which she wasn't sure was the spirit even though we drilled her it was) and she said things out of the ordinary were happening. People were more open to her at school and things like that. And lastly, she said that when she read the book of mormon, every time she started reading she go this overwhelming warm feeling and goosebumps. And she finished it off by saying she thinks that it might be the spirit we were talking about. And when she finished, I was truly speechless. I have never been speechless in my life but I was then. The spirit was so strong. It was the coolest thing I have experience. And just strengthened my testimony that this gospel is true.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that this is the truth and all the other things that go along with that. I know that Christ is our savior and redeemer, and Brothers and Sisters, God loves us. I know he wants only for us to succeed and to grow and to become better children. And that is something so simple and so profound. God gave us all of this, all of this earth, the Atonement, prophets, the plan of salvation all because he loves us. In the words of Nephi, I delight in the plainness of the Gospel, and it is so true. I cannot wait to shout that to the people of Canada! 

In a letter to mom:  And I am finally not sick, I had a fever the beginning of last week and had to go to urgent care for some eye infection wednesday. But today is the first day I could breath when I woke up

No comments:

Post a Comment