Tuesday, May 9, 2017

05/08/2017 - I Know the Lord Has A Purpose

Hello Everybody,

So this week was really weird. We got to go to the temple Tuesday. It was so cool. It was good to see all the missionaries from the north of our mission. It was super fun, and it was nice to sit next to President Miles through the session. It was such a great experience, one that probably won't happen again and one I won't forget. 

As for our investigators. A little frustrating this week. D is struggling a little and I am worried he is really only looking for a church that suits his lifestyle (which really aren't many). But he keeps visiting and we keep trying to find what he really has trouble with. There seems to be something else he is worried about but we don't know what. 

However, we are super excited T will be baptized this Saturday! Hopefully. We went over the questions with her last week and she is ready.  We had the interview set up for yesterday but satan got in the way. The members who usually pick her up for church were out of town, and we searched to try and get her home address so we could have someone else pick her up, but no such luck. Anyway she still came to church but left early because she was sick. So this week will be make or break, we have to get that signature from her parents and schedule an interview. But I trust the Lord can work miracles.  

But the weirdest part of the week, well to be honest I was shocked and a little nervous, but I am training a new missionary. I can't really believe it. We had a trainers meeting this Friday and we were going over 12 week, the program to help missionaries adjust to the work, and I couldn't help but chuckle because I still wasn't finished. So pray for me. I pick him up Thursday, and we begin the work here. I am super nervous. I don't really know the area that well, but I hope I can just guide and let him learn. Or really, we are going to be doing a lot of learning together. But I do find comfort in one thing. President Miles said he prayed about it and felt that this is what I was supposed to do. And that is comforting. I know the Lord has a purpose, and although it will be hard, there isn't anything he has given us or will give us, that we can't do. He always helps and we can always receive strength.

Elder Ollis

05/02/2017 - Mission Temple Day at the Calgary Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment