Monday, May 22, 2017

5/15/2017 - SHARE THIS MESSAGE!

Hello everybody. 

So this week's email will be a little shorter. I don't have a ton to say, partly because I got to talk to my family yesterday. Which was super cool. But anyway. This was a weird week. Let me explain.

So first off it was transfers and Elder Miller was leaving. He transferred to Trail and Nelson British Columbia. Literally 10 hours from here in the mountains. Which is cool. So we got to say goodbye to a lot of people. It was pretty tough, Elder Miller trained me so I am thankful for that, but it was good to see all the people we had an impact on as a companionship. It was sad to say goodbye though. (even though I wasn't leaving) But I got a new companion. Fresh from the MTC, Elder Wiwchar. He is from an Island on Lake Huron, Ontario. So I have a Canadian companion. But he is pretty cool, and super excited to work. So that is good.

As for the work, this week we took some steps back.  We had to drop a couple of investigators and didn't have a very good visit with another couple, but that just means we need to put our heads down and work even harder. We are going to have to rebuild our teaching pool but I am excited to do it. A bright light was last night we picked up a new investigator. His name is J and he is a big native kid. But he is YSA age so we got to pass him off. So that has been the week. 

But let me say one thing before I finish up, I am so thankful for our Savior. I really can't express how much I love him. Without him nothing we do here on this earth would matter. Without him we couldn't live with our heavenly father. I know this to be true and am so thankful the opportunity I have to share that. Love you all and please SHARE THIS MESSAGE!

Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment