Monday, May 1, 2017

05/01/2017 - But the Missionaries Can't Do It Alone

So hello everyone! This week was the last week of our mission spring fling. We absolutely dominated our district and are waiting to see who won out of the zone (I am confident we also dominated, we threw up 29 points yesterday. Our average daily is about 7-8). But it isn't about who wins…that’s what they say. I say otherwise. Anyway, I don't think the mission achieved the goal, but because they had already planned and got the food to feed the whole mission at the temple we are going anyway. So we get to go to the temple tomorrow!!!!!!! I am so excited. Usually we don't get to go that often. And I promise I won't forget to take pictures this time. 

But as for the week, it was super busy. We met with our investigator D this week and finished up the commandments. That included chastity and tithing. It was interesting. We learned some things about D. First off, he is still trying to get off coffee. Which is good. But that divorce he said he was going through wasn't actually a divorce. They were never married. So chastity will be tough, is what he said, but he said he would try to live it. And that is sometimes all we can do. We have to trust in Christ that if we do our best we can have strength to get through it. Unfortunately the adversary now is working double on D. His work is more demanding and we were only able to meet once this week. And he wasn't able to come to church. We are a little worried about that but I still think he is prepared. 

Yesterday we got to teach T! We finished the lessons and went over the interview questions. She is ready. Her fellowship dropped of the permission form and supposedly the native Elders will sign it. They aren't fans of it but they will do it. We are super excited. 

Thursday we had interviews, it was great. President Miles really is called of God and is inspired. He helped me and told me some things I really needed to hear. 

But the biggest miracle was the R's, the doomsday preppers. We went over Saturday. We went over there to help them paint but they said they didn't have anything for us to do. So we shared a message and they really enjoyed it. But right as we finished G noticed that their car's tire was flat. It worked perfectly, G could go change the tire and we got to paint, kill two birds with one stone. It was perfect, a blessing from heavenly father. While painting however we started talking about temples with D. SHE SAID SHE WANTS TO GO TO ONE! And there is only one way to do that, get baptized. Diane pretty much made it clear she believes this is the truth, she talked about how she believes everything we have taught, especially the Book of Mormon. And how it all makes sense. She is just afraid that if she joins and G doesn't, she wouldn't be able to do the church. So we explained that it can happen, and often when she wants something and if she acts in faith that G will follow her. I think we cleared up one of her last concerns as well. So we invited them to church, again. We have for like 2 months straight. We didn't expect them to come. And we get a text Sunday morning from D, it said we will be there! The R's came, it was amazing. I think they really enjoyed it. I know they felt welcome, D was almost more sociable than me and they already have friends in the ward. And the best part, D asked Bishop a question about if she joined could she still do a bible study class. It was amazing. We really were blessed. I was so happy all day Sunday. I just hope it doesn't stop there. 

But I just wanted to share a little testimony. I know our Heavenly Father loves us and everyone. I was even more excited to hear about the things happening at home, about people just appearing and coming to church. And brothers and sisters, I can't say it enough, the Lord is hastening His work, and the field is ready. People are prepared to hear the gospel, but the missionaries can't do it alone. Please share. There is someone everyone can speak to that is ready and prepared to hear. I know it to be true. This gospel is true. I know it. I could never deny that. I am so happy that I decided to serve the Lord and I am so sad it has already been 3 months. It is going too fast. But remember God is watching, pray always and have faith that our Savior lives and He loves us, I know He does.


Elder Ollis


So to explain the picture today, there are a ton of big jack rabbits everywhere. Like all over the place. We walked past this one and noticed it wasn't running and realized it had literally just given birth and was cleaning off the little bunnies. So we came back an hour or two later and took these pictures when they weren't gross. Kinda cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment